The Other Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted

4 posters

Go down

The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted Empty The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted

Post by Calico Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Being that the other hearted community is small, despite being around for quite a while, the terminology hasn't yet been set in stone. While related subjects, such as otherkin, have their definitions, these definitions can vary and for that reason, I propose that we create an exact definition to refer to.

The definition that I propose is: "Other hearted- Someone who strongly identifies with and/or exhibits an integral connection with a non-human being.

Any thoughts or oppositions?
Calico
Calico
Admin

https://theotherhearts.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted Empty Re: The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted

Post by LoporiConteh Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 pm

I find this whole thing quite confuzzling. I know what otherhearted means to me, but I don't know if/how it would apply to anyone else.

For me it's like "feeling such a connection with something it is like an entegral part of your being." Which is kinda like what you said, I think?
LoporiConteh
LoporiConteh

Back to top Go down

The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted Empty Re: The Exact Definition of Being Other Hearted

Post by Calico Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:03 pm

LoporiConteh wrote:I find this whole thing quite confuzzling. I know what otherhearted means to me, but I don't know if/how it would apply to anyone else.

For me it's like "feeling such a connection with something it is like an entegral part of your being." Which is kinda like what you said, I think?

It is indeed difficult to provide a definition that encompasses all other hearted people, which is why I'm trying to be so vague. What you said was essentially what I was trying to say. I included the 'identifying with' part to differentiate it from otherkin, haha.
Calico
Calico
Admin

https://theotherhearts.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 pm

I think the definition you provided captures it well, especially the phrasing "exhibits an integral connection with." I think it's important to communicate that it's more than just a "favorite animal" kind of deal, as I know myself and several other-hearted folk don't even particularly favor the beings they are kith to.
jabberwocky
jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Selkey Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:03 pm

I think your definition fits well too. Smile For me being otherhearted is feeling a deep fundamental connection with my synpaths, which I think means pretty much the same thing as your definition does if I'm reading it right.
Selkey
Selkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down