The Other Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community

3 posters

Go down

All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community Empty All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community

Post by Calico Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Since we have a thread regarding the exact definition of being other hearted, I figured that we may as well have set definitions for everything else similar to the subject as well. So, this thread will be utilized as a terminology reference. Anyone who has definitions to add or alter is free to chime in here, we want this list as accurate as possible!

Other Hearted- Someone who strongly identifies with and/or exhibits an integral connection with a non-human being.
Animal Hearted- Someone who strongly identifies with and/or exhibits an integral connection with an earthly non-human being.
Fiction Hearted- Someone who strongly identifies with and/or exhibits an integral connection with a fictional being.
Fact Hearted*- Someone who strongly identifies with and/or exhibits an integral connection with a human being, living or dead.
Synpath Term synonymous to 'Kith-type'
Kith- The being that one feels they identify with/are connected to.

* The name(s) with a star beside them are definitions/concepts that I haven't seen used before and am proposing myself for criticism here.
Again, anyone with anything to add is welcome!

Last edited by Calico on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calico
Calico
Admin

https://theotherhearts.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community Empty Re: All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community

Post by jabberwocky Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 am

Synpath is actually a synonym for kith/kithtype. I was corrected on its usage by the coiner of the word. It's actually very confusing in usage for a lot of people and that's why I personally don't use it, but for the sake of accuracy, I wanted to mention that? So, you wouldn't BE a synpath, but you would HAVE one. So because I'm cat-hearted, cat is my synpath.

Fact-hearted might be useful to some people and I guess it's nice to have as a word?
jabberwocky
jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community Empty Re: All Definitions Pertaining to the Other Hearted Community

Post by Calico Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:27 pm

jabberwocky wrote:Synpath is actually a synonym for kith/kithtype. I was corrected on its usage by the coiner of the word. It's actually very confusing in usage for a lot of people and that's why I personally don't use it, but for the sake of accuracy, I wanted to mention that? So, you wouldn't BE a synpath, but you would HAVE one. So because I'm cat-hearted, cat is my synpath.

Fact-hearted might be useful to some people and I guess it's nice to have as a word?

Interesting, I was under the impression that it was a synonym for other hearted. I'll take your word for it here, though. Honestly, I'd like to see the word 'synpath' die out as the term 'were' did in the therian community, but I'll still list it for the sake of those who prefer it.
Calico
Calico
Admin

https://theotherhearts.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Selkey Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Synpath does indeed synonym with kithtype rather than with otherhearted. I actually prefer the term synpath because of reading issues (sometimes our eyes seem to skip over parts of words without us noticing and we read similar words wrong, we don't know why this happens), it's easier to differentiate from when someone's talking about their kintype and easier for me to say so I'd rather not have it die out entirely. I'd at least find it useful have another term we can use which is easier to read.

That's just because it'd be easier on us though so I don't know if our opinion on this topic is worth consideration given our personal issues with reading/words in general has influenced it and it's not like our problems are because of anything formally diagnosed. In any case you folks have the right to your own opinion and I can understand wanting to change it if it's confusing since that's pretty much why I don't want it changed (though I can't think of why that'd be at the moment so if I could know why that'd be useful) so if there is another easier to differentiate word I could use which you'd like better/find less confusing I'd be happy to use it. This list is really useful though! I didn't know some of these terms.
Selkey
Selkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down