The Other Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To?

+2
snekkies
Calico
6 posters

Go down

Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To? Empty Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To?

Post by Calico Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Animal hearted folks, have you ever met/worked with/owned the animal(s) you identify with/feel connected to? If so, what was it like? Describe your experiences and feelings.

If you haven't met those animals, how do you feel when you see images/videos of them? Do you plan to meet them in the future?
Calico
Calico
Admin

https://theotherhearts.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To? Empty Re: Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To?

Post by snekkies Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:15 am

Well, I would certainly love to meet a dragon, but I'm afraid it just won't happen, heh! I love snakes and lizards a lot, though, and I've definitely met them; indeed, I'm going to be getting a ball python soon!! I'm definitely going to name him after a dragon in some way, probably something from mythology.

snekkies

Back to top Go down

Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To? Empty Re: Have You Met The Animal You Feel Connected To?

Post by LoporiConteh Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Yeah I've met them, very often in fact! ^.^ Though that does not include mermaids obviously! When I am with bonobos in particular I feel sooooooooo chill and sooooooooo at home I never want to leave.

Some elaboration:
I volunteer at Twycross Zoo (any brits reading this should come and say hi, haha.) and that involves telling interested looking visitors about tortoises and lemurs. The tortoises' indoor house is directly opposite the bonobos, so every Tuesday morning-midday is spent there, using the tortoise job as an excuse to spend time with bonobos. My spare time is spent with chimpanzees and orangutans, feeling quite zen.
After the lemurs are done with, I have the rest of the afternoon to myself which means MOAR APE TIME. And an extra 45 mins with the bonobos is always a good way to round off the day before the zoo closes.

Last edited by LoporiConteh on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
LoporiConteh
LoporiConteh

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:20 pm

I've owned and lived with cats my whole life, so I guess I'm kind of lucky to be kith to a species so easily accessible. Crows are a little trickier, but besides befriending and feeding the neighborhood flocks, I've gotten to feed and interact with a shy little crow at a raptor rehabilitation center I volunteered at, and I also was lucky enough to find a freshly dead crow outside my house once that I very carefully and with gloves on got to examine up close. I really treasured that moment because it's so rare to get such a close and hands-on look at them.
jabberwocky
jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Selkey Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Yes! Rabbits in any case, I grew up with them and being around them always made me very happy. Smile (though I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I'd have liked due to a few reasons ): ) I felt really at home whenever I was with them and I still like to visit the local pet store or the university which has a few warrens on campus to be with them. (there is no shelter nearby I could volunteer at unfortunately ): )

I would love to meet a Luzon Bleeding-Heart one day but they are rather shy in general so they're even hard to nature researchers to observe. But seeing pictures and videos of them makes me feel warm and happy, just to a lesser extent to if I was actually around them (like seeing videos of rabbits would make me feel). ^u^ If I got the opportunity to volunteer anywhere I'd get to interact with them (without causing them distress) I would love to take it.
Selkey
Selkey

Back to top Go down

Post by princet_eejay Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:38 am

My parents now have a dog and two cats. I grew up in a house with two dogs and four cats... (Three of which aren't with us any more Sad ) They were my best friends really, I identified and connected with them more than any people I know.

I've been to just aquariums and sea sanctuaries for the sea creatures... it was... just so wonderful. I wish I could live there :3
princet_eejay
princet_eejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down