The Other Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kithtype vs Theriotype

4 posters

Go down

Kithtype vs Theriotype Empty Kithtype vs Theriotype

Post by jabberwocky Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:13 pm

As someone who is both therian and other-hearted, I've struggled trying to find the differences between the two over the years. Heck, the main reason I see myself as cat-hearted was because it's always been "almost but not quite" a theriotype. I even sometimes have feline cameo shifts. But other things like crow were always just....exceptionally strong connections?

So has anyone else ever had to go back and forth on "is this a theriotype or a kithtype?" How do you figure out the differences?
jabberwocky
jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Kithtype vs Theriotype Empty Re: Kithtype vs Theriotype

Post by LoporiConteh Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 am

I found myself in the same position, I felt like otherhearted fitted as a safety measure. As calling bonobos a theriotype would not be quiiiiiite accurate but it comes pretty damn close. I figured the difference lies in rather than saying "I am a bonobo" I am instead saying "I would've been a bonobo if it weren't for you MEDELLING KIDS".
From early on, when I'd discovered them it was a "omg where u been all this time??" kinda deal. The orangutans and chimps are more kith than kin though in general, but I have orangy days. I love gorillas too but they aren't a kith-type at all.

And the reason I don't call mermaids a kintype is because mermaids don't exist so it wouldn't seem right imo, even though for all intents and purposes mermaids act like a kintype and have done since I was a kid.(my mum even tells me things to the same extent.)
LoporiConteh
LoporiConteh

Back to top Go down

Post by Calico Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:34 pm

I've definitely been in a similar position regarding my dragon kith-type. This is when I've really had to figure out where the line was between identifying 'with' and identifying 'as'. I've experienced several dragon shifts, almost as many dragon shifts as I've had shifts of my kintype, actually. However, despite my overwhelming love and connection to dragons, I'm not a dragon, never have been, and never will be.
Calico
Calico
Admin

https://theotherhearts.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Selkey Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:47 am

I struggled with the difference at first but once I knew of being otherkin and other-hearted I actually found it ok to identify what was a synpath and what was a kintype (or part of my kintype). I mean I still get confused sometimes, especially when I get rabbit or bird-like shifts (though given my kintype is a natural shapeshifter I wouldn't be surprised if my synpaths would affect my form) but I differentiate it more as feeling like I am like them or feel something like a close kinship to their species, but I'm not actually one of them. Something like an platypus who is part of a beaver family, to use a slightly strange analogy.
Selkey
Selkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum