The Other Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explain being fictionhearted in your own words.

4 posters

Go down

Explain being fictionhearted in your own words. Empty Explain being fictionhearted in your own words.

Post by Eri28 Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:16 am

First topic on this board ^^

Anyway, if any other people with fiction kith happen to read this, I'm wondering how they would define this phenomena and how they believe it came to be. For example: multiple universe theories, spiritual connection with the works' creators... anything goes, and no theory is wrong.

Personally, I believe that when creators make characters and universes, they technically exist in a different reality with the creator as the unknown "god"-like figure. Since these realities are available to us for viewing, we might find a strong connection with them. For me, I acknowledge these characters as "real" but their physical forms not able to contact this reality.

Did that make any sense? Probably not... sorry =P Thank you for reading anyway, and please feel free to contribute your own ideas!
Eri28
Eri28

Back to top Go down

Explain being fictionhearted in your own words. Empty Re: Explain being fictionhearted in your own words.

Post by jabberwocky Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 am

Well, I believe my connection to Billy Kaplan to be primarily psychological, but I do also believe in the multiverse theory and that there are likely a lot of other Billy Kaplans out there. XD Personally it's just...
I once saw it described as being like a patronus. It's like...a character that you have such a deep connection to or strong identification with that you can't ever shake it off. Some characters you connect to and then disconnect from when you put the book down. But there are those that stick with you forever and become a part of who you are. That's what defines fiction-hearted, for me.
jabberwocky
jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Explain being fictionhearted in your own words. Empty Re: Explain being fictionhearted in your own words.

Post by Selkey Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:47 pm

That's really interesting! :0 I believe in the mutiverse theory as well, as well as that as soon as something is imagined or begins to be believed in it becomes in some way, somewhere real. I don't happen to be fictionhearted myself but this looks like a really interesting thread so I shall likely be lurking around here. :3c
Selkey
Selkey

Back to top Go down

Post by princet_eejay Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 am

I believe in the multiverse theory which I think is why I think I might be fiction hearted? Kith-types would be Sera from Dragon Age and Cole from Dragon Age. The reasons I think so is because well, Sera and Cole are both (imo anyway) autistic. Cole is neurodivergent - ptsd especially and some lds. As an autistic, ptsd type I think my connection with these two characters is at least, in part psychological. However, there are parts of it which is... there's a strong, heartfelt connection. The kind fanfiction, cosplay etc etc doesn't fill because my idea of them is far too ingrained into my mind, heart, soul etc. That's what it means to me, I think.

O/t but I think I have a kith-type for every gender identity I connect with tbh.
princet_eejay
princet_eejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum